The E-Reuter Guitar Sustainer creates harmonics and feedbacks to the guitar like a loud guitar amp does. The difference is, that it works on low volumes or even without a guitar amp.
Sound examples: see here
How it works:
The E-Reuter Guitar Sustainer takes the signal of the neck pickup (a true single coil vintage pickup), puts it through the external driver device and supplies it to the bridge pickup (a Humbucker). The bridge pickup drives the strings the same way a loud amplifier does: The guitar plays also without the help of your right hand and there are a lot of harmonics. Playing electric guitar that way is quite different; that´s the reason why guitarists always have to play so loud :-). With the E-Reuter Guitar Sustainer it really works without a loud amp or directly plugged into the recording unit.
- Preventing harm from your (and your audience´s) ears.
- The E-Reuter Guitar Sustainer boosts the sound of your guitar and makes recording much easier since you need no separate soundproof room.
- Even when the sustainer is switched on you got still the real Stratocaster sound having vintage single coil pickups.
- The guitar itself has no active circuit so there is no battery inside.
- You never want to play another guitar.
- You need two (good) guitar cables (which is of course the opposite of wireless - but: fat sound needs fat cable).
So what´s new: differences to other sustainer guitars
Other sustainer guitars use a special driver pickup (with low resistance), normally at the neck position, so there is an active circuit needed at least as an impedance converter. You need a battery inside the guitar which is down after aprox. 2 hours. In addition you have to live with the sound of that active pickup. Another disadvantage is that you have to use the bridge pickup when the sustainer is on. That fits good for Heavy Metal sound or other hard distorted humbucker sounds. But this doesn´t work well for all kind of more or less distorted single coil crunch sounds à la Jimi Hendrix.
Using the Vibesware's Guitar Resonator you have always to go finding the right position to the magnetic driver on the stand which does not allow you to move while playing guitar.